Sunday, July 31, 2022

How SPIRIT taught me

 

2 Timothy 2:15

King James Version

15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, 

a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, 

rightly dividing the word of truth.


Soon as GOD made me born again in September 2019, He led me right away to Scripture.

He chose King James Version, or KJV.

After the necessary "overview", a year afterwards, SPIRIT started teaching me differently.

He made me study, a word, or a phrase, at a time.

We were really getting deeper into Scripture, this time.

Here's how my studies looked:

Matthew 18:3

King James Version

3 And said, 

Verily I say 

unto you, 

Except ye 

be converted, 

and become 

as little children, 

ye shall not enter 

into the kingdom 

of heaven.


SPIRIT wanted me to understand the significance of each word.

When the words sank in, He eventually moved me to phrases:

Matthew 18:3

King James Version

3 And said, 

Verily I say unto you, 

Except ye be converted, 

and become as little children, 

ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.


And that's how it's been ever since.

Just like a baby starts with milk, I had to start with a word.

Then the parents introduce solids.

That was the way it was for me, too.

I graduated to phrases.

GOD cut down everything to palatable pieces.

That's how we must study the WORD.

A word at a time.

Precisely, why it's called "Word".

That's also the reason for this 45th blog.

Whatever's not clear, must be prayed for.

And SPIRIT will lead us to the true meaning of each word.

Or phrase.

I must say, it's a WONDERFUL adventure!


Related material:

The Simplicity of Scripture (About SOS)

How the HOLY SPIRIT of GOD Taught Me

HOW to UNDERSTAND the BIBLE

The ENGRAFTED WORD


Image: Unsplash


My brother's KEEPER

  Genesis 4:9 King James Version 9 And the Lord said unto Cain,  Where is Abel thy brother?  And he said, I know not:  Am I my brother's...